?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

Newly Licensed Concealed Carrier Accidentally Shoots Self in Theater

Newly Licensed Concealed Carrier Accidentally Shoots Self in Theater

A shooting in a Salina, Kansas movie theater is under police investigation.  A man who had recently received a concealed carry license accidentally shot himself while watching a film.  No one else was injured.

The negligent discharged took place roughly 30 minutes into the show. Theater staff subsequently evacuated the audience, who remained calm during the incident.

The bullet struck the man in his inner thigh, rupturing an artery.  While it took 15 minutes for first responders to arrive at the scene, another audience member administered first aid to the wounded. Tim Coleman, a military veteran who served three tours in Iraq who also has a concealed carry permit, credits his Army training for his response:

“That’s what they teach you: just stop the bleeding. That’s what I was trying to do. As I was tying on his tourniquet I told him that this was going to be painful and that he was going to have to bite down and deal with the pain.”

Coleman also worked to keep the man calm, instructing him to slow his breathing and thus limit blood loss. Another audience member helped secure and unload the firearm. Coleman tentatively identified the firearm as a M&P compact.  The injured man had apparently stuck the weapon into his pocket in lieu of using a holster. This is why it is always important to carry concealed with a proper holster. USA Carry never recommends carrying without a holster.

Police treated the incident as a medical emergency, rather than an active shooter situation.  This incident follows a change in Kansas law regarding concealed carry. As of July 1st, Kansans joined the shortlist of states that allows Constitutional Carry.

Kansas로 concealed carry license다.  다.  만, 다.

Articles

14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23